Sunday, November 26, 2006

Picnic Fun at the Park

In the spirit of my rollercoaster posts lately of ups and downs, I had a wonderful day yesterday! On Saturday, a few friends and I got together for a picnic at the park.

It was an incredibly beautiful day too. The sky was blue, the clouds were puffy, the sun was shining, the breeze was blowing, the grass was green, and the park wasn't too crowded with folks for the Thanksgiving weekend.

The park has three sand volleyball courts surrounded by an astroturf track. We played two on two volleyball for quite a while and I could tell I got a good workout because I broke a good sweat! I must say, my serve is improving! Hehe - with these guns, i gave them a few to dive and dig for! =)

All of these friends are gay, and I've gotta say that it was really refreshing to be so "out". Not that it was something that I had to try to do - just that, even in public, with my friends I could just be me. And so i felt absolutely comfortable to relax and enjoy the day and enjoy the friends. I don't remember the last time that I laughed so much. No really, we all laughed alot. And that felt so good!

After spending the whole afternoon together, it got dark and so we all decided to go to my place to clean up, hang out, chat, joke around alot more, and play Scrabble. Jayson, the linguist of the group (actually, he is a linguist - he's in a Masters program now), won the game. No surprise. The rest of us were happy enough getting 7-15 point words while Jayson was pulling out these 22-25 point words. This guy!

Anyway, I had a great time with the buds!

1 comment:

Peterson Toscano said...

I love the photo of all of you. Looks just lovely. Thanks for sharing it.