Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm sure there are a ton of 'What I'm Thankful For' posts circling the blogosphere right now. I don't quite have the time just now to write a long one. By now, after my recent Birthday Week connections, you know that I'm thankful for my friends. But do you know how much I appreciate you? Thank you so much for reading my blog! No really, it means alot to me.

My buddy and I were talking last night about how MySpace can get pretty narcissistic. Hehe, remember how I trash talked MySpace last week by saying I sold out and put up a profile? Yeah, i've been on every day since then. I'm not addicted to it though. It's just a new thing, that's all. By the way, I think I just outed myself to my niece and another friend of mine, by adding them as a 'Friend'. That's okay. Anyway, I agree that both MySpace and Blogs can take a form of narcissism. But even underneath that - without placing judgement over it - deep down, like me, people just want to be known.

Being in the closet for the majority of my life has been an incredibly lonely experience - as you can gather if you've been reading my story. I've said numerous times that it had always felt like no one really knew me or that I felt like I could never be authentic enough out of fear of being rejected. But at the end of the day, all I want is to be real - to be actually me.

And so, that's why I appreciate you so much - the Two World Collision reader - because YOU make my world less lonely. I've tried to be vulnerable and even perhaps disclosed a bit too much about my personal life on this blog - just for the sake of being known. So that you can know me a bit more in the hopes that you would find something in me that you can connect and relate with.

So thank you for journeying with me. There's still a long road ahead but it'll be fun!

Happy Turkey/Tofurkey Day
everyone!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey, I'm a student at Texas A&M and I'm researching narcissism on MySpace for a paper. I googled the two words and your blog came up! In other words, I'm not trying to be a stalker..haha. I definitely agree with your thoughts. We do want to be known, and it's so comforting to know that the God who created us knows everything about us--our deepest longings of our hearts included. I'm really just commenting to let you know that I'll be praying for you. I know it's a little random, but just know that.